Thyroid disease is a form of disease where the thyroid glands stop producing a thyroid problem hormones. Thyroid can be a butterfly-shaped gland and is located underneath Adam’s apple at the front end side in our neck. The hormone which can be created in known as thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), it’s a hormone secreted by the thyroid and the pituitary gland. Furthermore, the function of hypothalamus present in our mental abilities are also affected plus it stops producing a thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH) which can be actually in charge of regulating the functions of the pituitary gland.
One other disease in relevance for the thyroid disease in the concentration of thyroid stimulating hormone increases within the body and it results in hyperthyroidism as well as the opposite effect which we discussed above is named as hypothyroidism.
Reasons for Thyroid Disease
There may be very different kinds of causes for the thyroid disease some of them may include:
- Grave’s disease of which there’s overproduction of thyroid hormone.
- Thyroid cancer also is a reason behind thyroid disease. Thyroid cancer is closely related to the radiation received from the head or neck regions in any phase of life.
- The consumption of the drug called lithium is also accountable for the thyroid disease.
- Inflammation in the thyroid might end up in leaking lots of thyroid hormones eventually resulting in the thyroid disease.
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis is really a disease in which the thyroid tissues are now being attacked so they really stop functioning and producing hormones.
- In any surgery being done earlier, a thyroid of the body is being chemically destroyed or removed in this case hormones can never be produced naturally.
- Exposure to an excessive amount of iodine is a cause of thyroid problem. Some heart and cold medicines are extremely big causes of iodine in your body. Some laser light treatments will also be a huge iodine supply to the body causing hypothyroidism.
The signs of Thyroid Disease
- Because the hypothyroid is definitely a significant organ of our own body that creates the endocrine system which assists in maintaining the metabolism of our own body, there are a lot of signs which the body shows whenever the hormones are over-functioning or under-functioning.
- Muscle tissue and joints start to pain regularly. You gradually start feeling your arms and joints are losing their power day by day.
- The malfunctioning of the thyroid brings about the swelling with the gland which eventually swells the neck region with the body. A diseased person starts feeling agitation using the collars and turtleneck of the clothes due to the enlarged neck portion.
- Skin and hair problems are the most prominent signs in a body suffering from the thyroid disease. Due to hypothyroidism, the hair of a person becomes weak and brittle ultimately resulting in a severe hair loss. A patient may feel that their hair is weakening day by day and are easily falling off. Also, the skin becomes dry and thin.
- People struggling with hypothyroidism constantly possess the problem of constipation. In severe hyperthyroidism cases, you can also be struggling with IBS (IBS).
- Menstrual irregularities are the common characteristic of the thyroid disease. A person may have menses with a lot of pain. And also the menstrual period may have gaps. When the menstrual irregularities remain untreated for a long period of time this may result in infertility.
- When you have a family thyroid problem then you may attend a higher risk of experiencing this challenge yourself. The likelihood of thyroid disease increases using the genetic thyroid disease reference.
- Because the thyroid gland produces hormones to regulate the metabolic system of the body, our bodies metabolism gets affected very dangerously regarding thyroid problem. The cholesterol level of the sufferer gets full of the truth of thyroid problem especially hyperthyroidism.
- Thyroid disease gives rise to an extremely high level of depression and panic. The mind gradually loses its capability to handle depression, switching moods and anxiety attacks. A person often loses control and panic on serious issues and does not keep it in check even by consuming antidepressant pills too.
- In the case of thyroid disease, the body weight increases or decreases without any reason. In the case of hypothyroidism, the body weight usually increases along with the swelling. Weight reduction and the notions associated with controlling weight also become impossible.
- Fatigue is something that the thyroid disease gave rise to. Chances are you’ll feel exhausted even after having a very good night’s sleep. In other cases, someone could also have problems with insomnia and the sense of extreme fatigue and exhaustion the entire day.
Treatment of Thyroid Disease
- Treating the thyroid disease varies based on the kind of thyroid disease you are having.
- Hypothyroidism is normally treated as by artificially inserting that missing hormone within the body which is the key hormone in the basic metabolic functions of the body.
- Thyroid diseases can also be cured by the manner of an autoimmune system where different antibodies are artificially inserted inside the patient’s body.
- Hyperthyroidism can be treated with the help of radioactive iodine treatment.
- Thyroid cancer can be treated by killing the cancerous tissues from the assistance of laser (Laser skin treatment) or by detaching the cancerous tissues with the aid of medicines.